There are lots of things that change as you get older, not the least of which is how your clothes wear out. Growing up, it was rare that my jeans made it through a whole school year without me growing out of them. Even then, they were often worn out in the knees. Sometimes they'd have holes ripped open in various places from playing in fields, climbing fences, and falling off bikes and out of trees. Holes often meant great stories to tell, particularly if they were the non-knee variety.
As I got older, I stopped growing so much and so my jeans started lasting longer. However, I would usually use the older pairs as work clothes when I did construction and so in the end, they too were full of holes in the knees and random other places.
Now that I'm older and have a full time job, my pants only wear out from doing one thing, sitting on my butt all day long. It's always embarrassing to be at work and realize that it's time once again to retire another pair of pants.
3 comments:
You could always start working kneeling down. Your corporate ergonomics team can probably get you a desk at the right height and a pillow for the floor.
another option: http://www.treadmill-desk.com/
but our insurance wouldn't allow it, said it was a workers comp hazard.
That made me smile! If you worked kneeling down, it would still look like you were sitting at a desk like your co workers.:)
Post a Comment