Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Picking Things Up Quickly

Today, Adie and I were discussing visiting San Fransisco because that is where the Little Einsteins live according to her. I informed her she'd already been there which made her really excited. Then, she said she wanted to visit Mickey Mouse. I asked her where he lived to which she replied, "Disneyworld." I told her yes and that I hoped she could visit him there one day, but she did see him in person recently at Disney on Ice. She then asked me if it will be the real one who will not be in costume when we see him at Disneyworld, and I thought she was referring to the fact that Mickey wore a number of different costumes during the Disney on Ice performance. However, I thought she believed the Mickey at Disney on Ice was the real one. She then mentioned that the Mickey on Disney on Ice was just a person dressed up as Mickey. What? You aren't supposed to know that yet. I don't remember telling her that. Unfortunately, little Adie dear, if you are disappointed by the Mickey at Disney on Ice, you're going to be disappointed by the Mickey at Disneyworld as well. She's really starting to pick things up quickly these days.

On an unrelated note, just because I don't want to forget this cute little phase, Chase points to every object that gives light - lights, stars, the moon, the sun, lamps, etc. and calls them stars. If you ask where the stars are he'll point to the nearest light and yell, "Star!" I never tire of it. It's adorable.

On another completely unrelated note, we are doing some Thanksgiving baking today and everything smells heavenly. Oh, how I love this holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

She is such a smart girl, wow!

And Thanksgiving definitely is the best holiday--food, family, gratitude. What could be better?

Karen said...

Ethan has been talking about when he turns 4. AHHH!! It is pretty amazing how quickly they grow (speaking of, go check my blog. There's a video from way back when and little Adie is in it--since she's not so little anymore!) That's fun that you got to go to Disney on Ice.

That is absolutely adorable that Chase thinks all lights are stars. So sweet.

I should probably make some pies tonight, but I'm nervous about my gluten-free dough not cooperating, so I'm putting it off. But, I really want some pie tomorrow!:)

Hoenes Family said...

I think it is only a mater of time before she figures out Santa :(

Sarah and Wes said...

That's so cute!!! Kids really do and say the most amazing things. I'm constantly surprised by Kayla. And West although he doesn't say too many things yet :D