This last weekend Sabrina and I used a gift card that we've had for a while to go out to Macaroni Grill. It was great as usual. I do have to say that one of my favorite things about going there is that they have a big sheet of paper to cover the table which you can then draw on. I was most disappointed this time when they didn't bring us our crayons. Oh well.
We got their shrimp and artichoke dip as an appetizer. It was quite excellent. I really couldn't taste the shrimp, but the dish had to be one of the better spinach/artichoke dips I've had.
For my entree I got their Chicken Sorrentino. From their menu "Grilled chicken breast with honey balsamic glaze, with roasted roma tomatoes, arugula and imported buffalo mozzarella on capellini pasta." I'd never knowingly had arugula before. It was green and leafy. I tend to group all green leafy things together in a category known as "lettuce". (This is probably hearsy to some chefs.) It also included raisin-like things which very well might have been raisins. Maybe they were dates, I'm not sure. The glaze for the chicken was quite good, and tasted like it had some sort of vinegar (balsamic maybe?). All in all, it was good, but not great. I'll probably get my Penne Rustica when I go there again.
4 comments:
Two thoughts.
One, the motto of the boy scouts is be prepared. Consequently, you should have brought your own crayons. ;-)
Second, I'm betting on raisins if you think they might have been.
From wikipedia on the date palm: The fruit is a drupe known as a date. They are oval-cylindrical, 3–7 cm long, and 2–3 cm diameter, and when unripe, range from bright red to bright yellow in colour, depending on variety. Dates contain a single seed about 2–2.5 cm long and 6–8 mm thick. Three main cultivar groups of date exist; soft (e.g. 'Barhee', 'Halawy', 'Khadrawy', 'Medjool'), semi-dry (e.g. 'Dayri', 'Deglet Noor', 'Zahidi'), and dry (e.g. 'Thoory'). The type of fruit depends on the glucose, fructose and sucrose content.
Makes me want to go to Macaroni Grill. Here you are blogging about food, again!! I love it!
Um, the raisins in question: they were the sun dried tomatoes. My wife has ordered the same dish and quite liked it. And yes, I too am a dear fan of the coloring equipped table cloth. I have gotten into the habit of snagging a few colors on my way to the table just in case, and for a larger variety.
Ah how I love Macaroni Grill. It's my newest obsession. We ordered take out for V-Day this year. MMmmmm....
Post a Comment