So, I know I promised pictures of Adie for my next post, but Brett is currently using the computer that has all the pictures saved on it and I really wanted to post about this to get the word out. My co-worker has a husband that has been severely disabled for over 21 years. His name is Dan Maughan. His wife, LaNae, is an amazing woman who has had a very difficult life, but you'd never know it if you met her. She is such a go-getter and has done such incredible things despite the fact that she has been the primary bread-winner and care-giver to her husband and four children for so long. I don't know how she does it. She is so positive and funny, a total inspiration.
Anyway, she and her family are working to get her husband to China this fall for stem cell treatment, which is an extremely expensive proposition. They are doing a 30 day blitz to raise as much money as possible. Their goal is 30k. I really want to help them, so I am getting the word out. If you even have $5 to spare and would like to help, I guarantee you this is a very worthy cause. Just go to this link: http://www.helpdanheal.com/. It has detailed information about his story and a place where you can buy cute t-shirts (LaNae wears them to work everyday) or just make a donation, and all the proceeds go to helping him get this treatment in China.
And, in case the stem cell thing is questionable in your mind (and the website explains this way better than I do), the treatment he is going to have only requires stem cells extracted from Dan's own bone marrow, so it's not one of the controversial type of treatments that this country is in a frenzy about.
If you are interested in helping, I encourage you to do so and to spread the word. I can't think of a much more deserving family.
No comments:
Post a Comment