Sunday, May 1, 2011

Basil in Your Eyes

Yesterday, I got to go with our youth to the Gila Valley Temple and I was gone most of the day. Brett, of course, stayed home to watch the kids (thank you!). While I was away, Adie drew me a picture, folded it up and left it on my pillow to find when I got home. Because she was already asleep when I got home I didn't get to thank her for the picture until this morning. I asked her to tell me everything going on the in picture, which was quite clearly two people. She said it was the two of us and then pointed to the speck of greenish color she had put in my eyes and said, "See, I even put basil in your eyes!" Everyone here in the family has blue eyes, except me. I have hazel and she always remembers that difference, but I guess can't quite remember how to say it. She does know that hazel has some green in it though. Anyway, it was just one of those cute moments I didn't want to forget.

3 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Basil, hazel, same diff ;) So cute.

Judy said...

:)

Karen said...

Funny!! The Hoenes got it right. Same difference!