Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For Aunt Kati

Brett's sister, Kati, is a very talented quilter / crafter / creative person. I believe I have posted a link to her blog here before, but it's been a while so here it is again for those who want some inspiration or just like looking at pretty things. In any case, that's not really the reason for this post.

A week or so ago, Adie was learning about the letter "Q" at preschool. They made a quilt in class by attaching little squares of fabric onto some construction paper. She liked her little quilt but, once she got home, she decided she needed to embellish it further (this girl could do crafts all day long - she really got the wrong mom for that). She started cutting up her quilt and adding other pieces of paper to it and making it a whole new quilt. I told her she was becoming like her aunt Kati. So, Kati, this piece of art is dedicated to you.


4 comments:

Kati said...

Ah, thanks! I'm glad she is learning to play with fabric! Claire has done the same thing several times with my scraps. It's a nice little activity to keep her busy for a bit.

Hoenes Family said...

That is a great idea! Love it. This is a record for you! two posts in two days! AND you posted on the YW blog! You are on a roll!

charlesfam said...

This is adorable. She's such a cutie. So, I must have missed the announcement. Congratulations! When are you due? You're an incredible mom and although you may not remember the first several months of your 3rd child's life, everyone will survive. Just don't be afraid to ask for help. Lastly, we were in Vegas on the same weekend! I wish we would have known and met up. I would love to see you guys again. Hopefully sooner than later.

Robert and Lorraine Heiner said...

I really like your idea of a grand parents post. It is so good to see your great-grands growing up in pictures as we get to see them so seldom. What cute pictures. Thanks a lot for sharing. Love G & G Heiner