Thursday, January 20, 2011
Feeling the Love
30 years ago today Ronald Reagan was inaugurated. Now, I would say Reagan was the last decent president our country had, but he certainly is far from my favorite, so that's not my reason for posting this clip. This day, 30 years ago, also happened to be the day I came into this world. While my parents were welcoming their first child into their family, my grandma was participating, as a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, in the president's inauguration, singing one of my favorite hymns of all time, which brought the president to tears. It's a touching moment and what better way to celebrate my birthday than to use a video clip that encompasses my beloved grandma who we lost this year, music (the Mormon Tab Choir of all things) and politics. Loved ones, music, politics / philosophy - pretty much all my favorite things in the whole world rolled into one little video clip. Happy birthday to me!
And, I am very happy to report it was a good day indeed. Brett did the dishes for me first thing in the morning, and besides Chase throwing Adie's beloved green shirt in the toilet, the kids behaved rather well. My cold is subsiding. A friend brought me freshly baked bread and a recipe book she made. Another friend brought us dinner and a cake. Brett brought home fresh flowers, gerber daises (my faves) in lots of bright colors and I received many phone calls, emails and texts throughout the day with well wishes. Thank you to everyone who made the day happy and special. I am very blessed with way too many blessings to count and those blessings often come in the form of so many wonderful people in my life. I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We love you too! Loved the video clip, gave me the chills.
See now this is why you need to be on facebook. So I'd know it was your birthday. Adie will just have to share the lipgloss :). Green shirt in toilet sounds like a story you will just have to share with me on Sat.
I love that song so much. Thanks for sharing the video! And Happy Birthday!
I'm glad you had a wonderful day, and that I've been a part of your life for the past 30 years.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sabrina. When we talked on the phone last week (?) I was thinking about how your birthday was coming up, but then I forgot. SORRY! You are loved in Nebraska! Glad you had a good day.
Happy Birthday! And out of curiosity, who is your favorite president?
Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day!
Post a Comment