Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's He Been Up To?

I know the burning question on everyone's mind lately has been what has Chase been up to. It's been a big couple of weeks in the little guy's life. In a few days, he will hit the 9 month mark. I suppose he decided he couldn't very well turn that corner without making some attempt at mobility so just over a week ago he decided to start rolling. He can now quite successfully roll in all directions. It only took him 8.5 months and a week of terrible sleep for him to master these skills. He should be on the way to crawling soon. He often propels himself forward from a sitting position to being on his hands and knees. I don't think it will take him long now that he realizes what kinds of things he can do with his new-found mobility. He also entered the world of teeth this past week. After probably 5 months of thinking he was fussing because of teething, one finally poked through, and after last night, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if another one is on its way.

He is also following in his sister's footsteps and sporting the puffy hair look. His hair sticks straight up in the air 2 or so inches. It cracks me up. I wonder if all our kids will go through this hair growth stage. Anyway, he's a cutie and continues to be a mellow, happy baby that can only sleep well for 3 or 4 day stretches before he presents us with a new challenge. I've decided it must be a game for him. He's winning so far, but we're getting along nicely in spite of that little hiccup.

5 comments:

Shanny said...

Oh, that hair! He looks like a baby chick. So cute!

Karen said...

Oh, he's just cute!! Alex has had the same kind of hair. It's getting longer, though, so now it lays down more. I loved it when it just stood up and was so fuzzy. Thanks for the update.

Hoenes Family said...

I have had that burning question on my mind all day long! What has Chase been up to!? Hooray for rolling.... sort of :) He sure is cute.

Megan said...

Only Ryder had the puffy hair thing, the other 2 didn't get it.

Shannon said...

You're right, that has been a burning question for me ;) But it is nice to hear where other babies are, just to see what might be coming up for E.

Love his little blue eyes!