Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just Thinking

I would think with a primary program coming up this week, a trip to Nauvoo for Brett's brother's wedding next week, and Thanksgiving and moving the following week, I'd have plenty to do. However, I am in one of those unmotivated, yet contemplative, moods. I need to sit down and write it down so I can move on with my to-do list.

Sometimes I wonder why I was placed in the circumstances in which I find myself. I think most of us think about this occasionally. I have had a really, really great life. Sure, there have been difficulties and trials along the way, but overall, I feel I've had it easy. Sometimes, I get mad at myself when I start to complain about something trivial and I think about people living in impoverished and war-stricken countries, or think about people who, in their lives, have had major tragedy, death, medical problems, abuse, etc., the likes of which I can not comprehend going through.

I realize I haven't even completed 28 years of my mortal existence, and there is plenty I could yet be asked to endure, but how does one go that long without looking back and thinking, "wow, that was a really long, hard experience?" I obviously don't know the grand scheme for my life and I need to take it one day at a time and have faith that if I am working to do the best I can, and repenting when I don't, everything is as it should be. However, I just need to pause for a moment and thank a generous Father in Heaven and the myriad wonderful people who have been, and continue to be, great support, guides and inspiration to me. I have been truly blessed in my shortish (starting to feel a little bit older these days) life .

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

That was a lovely post. It was great seeing you last night! Good luck with everything coming up in your busy life. We will miss you guys!