Just to list a bit of what we've been looking at, I just did a search in our areas of preference for homes under $200K. Here's what you can get:
Stoneham (Boston) MA - You can get a "Contractor's Special" sold in "As is" condition. They list 2 bedrooms, who knows, maybe they have a bathroom too.
Vail (Tucson) AZ - You can get a 2045 sq. ft 3 bed 2 bath house, built in the last few years.
Ridgecrest CA - You can get a 1497 sq. ft 3 bed 2 bath house, built in the last 15 years.
And just to compare to where Sabrina and I grew up.
Salt Lake City (In Sabrina's zip code growing up)- You can get a 1275 2 bed 1 bath bungalow built in 1921.
Rigby ID - You can get a 3060 sq. ft 6 bed 3 bath house built in 1992 on one acre of land.
Spring TX - (my sister lives in Spring, cheap housing) - You can purchase 2616 sq. ft, 4 bed 2 1/2 bath home built in 2007.
Hopefully all the links work. I'll check them after I post this. The homes listed indicated the most I felt you could get for your dollar, and not necessarily reflective of the homes available in the area (the one in Rigby was a bit big for the average).
1 comment:
It's crazy to see the difference in home values from place to place. I hope you guys end up somewhere a little closer like Rigby or Tuscon, but alas it's not up to me. :(
Post a Comment