I got tagged last week and meant to do this so long ago, but last week was definitely busy, so finally, here goes...7 things you may not (or may) know about me.
***Disclaimer: I am not trying to fish for compliments here, just merely stating facts, so don't feel like you have to tell me, "no, Sabrina I think you're wonderful at x!"
1. I love music, and I especially love to sing. I sing to every song in the car, even to the lyrics I don't know and to the instrumental parts. I will even drive Brett nuts by singing obnoxiously to songs I don't like. I often keep singing as I arrive at my destination and get out of the car. I am sure more than one person has heard me in the grocery store parking lot. I also love being in choirs and love rehearsing. I am actually sad that ward choir is only once a week for only a half hour or so. One of of things I'd really love to do in life is sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This probably won't happen because, well, despite the amount of time I put into singing, I am really not to good at it (please see disclaimer). I don't have a vibrato at all and part of my register has been damaged so my voice is all scratchy when I sing certain notes. This doesn't deter me from singing, but I prefer to sing in groups so I can just sort of blend in and no one has to hear my not so stellar voice. No matter, I just want to sing!
2. My favorite TV show is Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It makes me (and Brett) cry pretty much every week. It's amazing all the things they do for the families they help. When I first started watching the show I thought Ty Pennington was somewhat obnoxious, but he's really toned it down and I think he genuinely cares about the families they help, so I really respect him. He's probably the celebrity I would most like to meet.
3. I am very opinionated. If you tell me about an issue I am not familiar with, chances are I will have formed an opinion by the time you finish telling me about it. I read the opinion page of the newspaper practically everyday and I like to read the comments on online news articles, so I can understand others' opinions as well. I think it's good to have healthy debate about issues every once in a while, and it's good to know what you think about things. I do think it's important to consider other points of view though and be willing to change your mind. I don't know if I am really good at that yet, but I'm trying.
4. I dislike almost every condiment or salad dressing out there. Exceptions are sour cream and creamy pesto salad dressing from the Spaghetti Factory (but you have to order it on the side because they put way too much on). I like things plain, I guess. I actually have no problem with seasoned or hot foods, but I don't need a lot of seasonings to enjoy food either. I think the natural flavor of a lot of foods is better than being drenched in ranch or ketchup. The worst condiment, in my not so humble opinion, is mustard. That is one disgusting flavor.
5. I love to cook. The fact that I don't like condiments and I like things natural (AKA bland to some people) though hinders me from ever becoming a great cook. I'll make something and think it tastes fabulous when, in reality, many people find it under seasoned. If I just follow a recipe I am usually ok if the recipe is good, but I like to experiment too and this is a bit more tricky. That's ok because I keep trying.
6. I also love to bake, especially bread. We have a bread maker, which can be quite convenient, but if I have time, I prefer to make it all by hand. I think it tastes better and it's fun to knead the dough. My latest baking feat was baguettes. They were a lot of fun to make and pretty darn tasty. Good thing bread can be bland ;)
7. I am fascinated with other languages. I would like to be trilingual someday. I guess you could consider me bilingual now, but my Spanish is pretty rusty. We are hoping to one day live overseas for a time and I would love it to be a place where I can learn another language.
5 comments:
no, Sabrina I think you're wonderful at singing, and cooking and eating condiments. j/k amen to mustard being one of the most disgusting flavors in the world. And I had no idea you liked to make bread! You wanna teach me? =) Bread (leavened bread to be specific) is one of those things that's just really intimidating to me so I hardly ever try. The bagguettes sound yummy!
The food you made for Kim's shower was delicious! Very flavorful.
I thought you made that baguette... It was amazing!! I meant to say something on Sunday.
I think we're alike on several things. #1 is how I feel about singing, and I love reading the opinion page. And I love cooking and baking!
Great post! The only thing that is hard for me to believe is the condiment part. Maybe someday you will convert to the wonderful taste of ranch dressing.
By the way I do think you have a great voice:) SIng it sister.
Post a Comment