Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oh the irony

Well, Adie has been sleeping really well for almost a week now. It's been awesome, and we've decided to be better at taking advantage of her sleeping hours by going to bed earlier ourselves. I am not one that normally follows the early to bed early to rise mantra. I am such a night owl, so going to bed before 11 pm is quite a feat for me. We did go to bed early both Sunday and Monday nights though. Adie slept beautifully and we ended with so much great sleep. Then, last night happened...(or should I say tonight since it's currently 5 am of that same night).

We stayed up talking until just after midnight and I was already planning on getting up early because I wanted to hit the gym early. I knew I wouldn't get to it any other time of the day being that it's Halloween. Of course it's nights like these that Ads doesn't sleep so well herself. I actually can't blame her. When I went in to check on her after a few minutes of crying and not putting herself back to sleep I discovered she had somehow managed to get one of her arms out of the sleeve of her sleeper and her hand was practically coming out of the neck hole. It was actually pretty funny and if it hadn't have been the middle of the night I might have taken a picture.

Anyway, it took a little while to get her settled, so you know what that means, I am wide awake.
This time though I decided to take advantage rather than lay in bed bugged. I just got up and found some household items that I could use to "lift weights." Sure, lifting Costco-sized jugs of olive oil isn't quite the same as the machines at the gym, but it's something. Now, I am not so annoyed to be awake. I feel like I am at least using my time effectively and I can sleep in a little longer if I do get back to sleep.

It's funny though that the days when I go to bed early and could probably afford a couple of hours to be awake in the middle of the night Ads sleeps soundly, and the night when I need every second I can get because I went to bed too late and needed to wake up too early Adie pulls a crazy arm stunt with her sleeper causing me to be awake in the middle of the night. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

2 comments:

Karen said...

"Adie pulls a crazy arm stunt"...I liked that sentence. You're so good with your words!

Sarah H said...

Hey Sabrina,
I caught up on your recent posts. Fun to hear what's going on with you and Addie.
I'm sorry that you're not sleeping too well. If I am anxious about something I may wake up at night and not go back to sleep for a few hours. Usually though I can fall back asleep. That must be so frustrating! I'm glad Addie's sleeping better now. It is hard in apartments because you feel you really can't let them cry at night.
And I've totally done the lifting household items for exercise! Or doing aerobic moves around the house or dancing. we belong to the YMCA now, which is nice.
Take care!