Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's About Time!

I've been meaning to post photos from Thanksgiving, Chase's blessing and Christmas for some time. I went to look for the files, but it turns out, we took a lot of video and not so many photos on both Thanksgiving and Christmas and we only took a couple of shots at Chase's blessing. I don't know what's happened around here (ok, yes I do, we've been very busy lately) but we haven't taken many pictures. Also, I can't find the cord to upload some of the photos from of our camera. Grrrr! Anyway, I have time and am in the mood right now to post photos (which needs to happen because it's a rare event) so here are a couple of photos taken on Chase's blessing day. Yeah, they aren't the greatest photos, but you take what you can get. Chase is wearing the cutest little paisley tie, but you can barely see it here. We'll have to take some photos of him in his outfit because, let's face it, girls like to dress up their kids like they are their little dolls.

And some background, before we post the photos...We went up to SLC for Thanksgiving and spent the actual Thanksgiving day with Brett's family having a lovely dinner at Brett's sister's house. We missed his oldest sister and her family, but everyone else was there, and it was so nice to be with everyone again. Adie had a blast playing with her cousin who is only a few months younger than she is (we do have a few cute photos of them playing together, but no cord to get them to the computer right now). We spent the remainder of the days going back and forth between our two families. On the Saturday following Thanksgiving, we invited family and friends to meet us at a ward house for Chase's blessing. It was really nice to have everyone just come for that event and then have some refreshments after. So many of our family and friends came. We felt very loved and supported. It was wonderful to get to see everyone, even if only briefly, so thank you to all who could come (and sorry to those of you who thought it was on Sunday, which of course, makes sense - we just do things backwards sometimes).

11 comments:

Amelia said...

That same thing happened to me with the cord! So frustrating when you want to get caught up on posting pictures but cant find the thing to get it done.
btw, I LOVE your hair- so cute. You dont usually post pictures of you so I had no clue you had it that short. Thanks for posting the few pictures that you do have. If I ever get in the mood again, I will do the same :)

Spencer and Anna said...

Sabrina, you look great! I love your hair. :)

Gooch Family said...

Your hair looks fantastic! Love it!!

Hoenes Family said...

That is a great idea to have a blessing at the church with you friends and family on a different day. You look very pretty in your pictures. Love your hair.

Leilani said...

Um, your hair is fabulous.

Karen said...

You look so good!! I LOVE your hair. I'm glad that you were able to be with family and friends for the holidays and blessing.

Shanny said...

I'm so glad you posted some photos! Just last night Julia was telling me she wanted to see Baby Chase, and I had to backtrack quite a bit on your blog to find a picture. Good job!

Oh, and uh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

PatrickandErica said...

I love your hair Sabrina in the pics. Oh yeah, everyone else looks great too....:)

Megan said...

Cute pics! I look forward to seeing your Christmas ones in April :).

Sarah H said...

You guys all look great!

Shannon said...

So sad we missed you guys, and Sabrina you look amazing!!