Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How is Adie These Days?

I know the burning question on everyone's mind (or at least her grandparents' minds) is how is Adie? Well, let me tell you with some pictures because it's certainly been a long time since we've put a picture on here.

She absolutely loves the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. She is not really interested in watching TV, which is fine with me (unless I need her distracted so I can get something done), that is, unless it's the MoTab. I am not kidding you. She is obsessed. In the picture above we are at the Nauvoo Temple Visitors' Center. They have a place there where you can pretend to conduct the MoTab and if you stop waving the baton, the music stops playing. Adie loved it and didn't want to look at anything else there. She just kept going back to it. If I need her to sit still for a moment while I am unpacking or making dinner, etc., I just look up some MoTab YouTube videos and she sits there and conducts and sings along. She'd do it all day if I let her.

Another thing she'd do all day is play with stickers and draw. In the picture above, I am attempting to feed her breakfast and the only way I could compromise with her on that particular morning was if she had her stickers with her while eating. As you can see, there wasn't much eating going on.

She is also into not wearing clothes. This picture captures her clothing boycott day a few days back. Anything I attempted to put her in was not acceptable. I even tried to let her pick her clothes (which I have to do often because she has strong opinions about the clothes she wears) and nothing would do. She just wanted to play with them in her crib instead. No, I promise, she really asked to be in her crib when it wasn't nap time or bed time. She also recently discovered how to take her diaper off herself which means we will be concentrating heavily on potty training after we get back from our Christmas travels. I don't want to find errant dirty diapers strewn throughout the house.

Last, but certainly not least, Adie loves dirt and rocks. What toddler doesn't? Our backyard, pictured here, is a wonderland for her. My dear landscape architecting friends, and you know who you are, we may come looking your way to get a plan for beautifying our backyard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, when you watch the good ol' motab, you can point out my mom in the concertmaster chair of OTS (that's cool mormon code for orchestra at temple square). I'm sure that'll make her love the choir even more... some lady she's never met. :)

Karen said...

So good to see Adie is doing well. I can't wait to show Ethan the pictures after he eats breakfast.

Karen said...

So, Ethan smiled really big when I showed him his friend on the screen. He laughed when he saw the picture of her playing in the dirt!!:)

Megan D. said...

This is a cute post. :) We would be happy to plan a backyard...:) Looks like you are having fun